Monday, April 27, 2009

Frito Pie

This is something I grew up on and I loved it. Its one of those that my mom got from her mom and its been passed down. Plus it is a crock pot recipe so its easy. And who doesn't love it when Frito's are an essential part of a meal?
2 lbs ground beef- cooked drained and seasoned
1 large onion chopped
2 can chili beans
2 can mild enchilada sauce
Mix all and simmer for 2+ hours

Put this on top of your Frito's and then layered as desired
Possible toppings: Lettuce, tomatoes, onion, green peppers, cheese, sour cream or cottage cheese. I know the cottage cheese sounds weird but I think it is delicious and I love it! (I often replace cottage cheese as a topping instead of sour cream this and baked potatoes are my fav with cottage cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment